Bonnie's Ramblings

This and That from an Alabama girl living in South GA

Friday, July 16, 2004

Been traveling the last couple of days.   We went to Atlanta to my sister's.  We all went to Six Flags Over Georgia while we were there.  It was fun.  We were standing in line to ride the Mine Train Coaster, and I realized it was 35 years ago that we first rode it.  I am old....    the last bumps through the dark tunnel jerked my back around... ouch.   But I think the Scream Machine was worse.   It was bone jarring and mind rattling at the bottom of the hills.  Yucky.  The upside down newer coasters were smoother(I didn't ride them , my hubby said they were smoother).   Next time I might try one of them.   My children loved the Great Gasp and the flying swings.   I  like to play Wack-A-Mole and the water gun squirt things.  Not many can beat me at Wack-A-Mole,  though my oldest sister says the same... hmm... when was the last time we played each other.... I won five things for the kids.   ( yes I am bragging,  it was fun to win).
On the way home we stopped at a Cracker Barrel restaurant.  My husband has been liking them.  Of course the kids and I do too.  I had a vegi  plate that was very tasty.  
When we got home my neighbor called, he had picked up some packages for us that arrived while we were gone.  Hubby went over to pick them up and came back 3 1/2 hours later.   They are older people that I consider friends,  and they don't get much company.  Hubby didn't mind it was relaxing after a long drive to sit and chat. 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will have to put on a Whack-A-Mole challenge! Glad you had fun. Yes, the newer roller coasters are smoother. --Your Sister, Terry, www.BamaPhotos.com

July 17, 2004 at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home