Bonnie's Ramblings

This and That from an Alabama girl living in South GA

Monday, June 07, 2004

Been on vacation... I'm baaack...

We went to visit family in north Alabama. We had a good time. We toured Cathedral Caverns. My father use to take us to caves, when I was in my teens. I loved the caves around AL and the biggest one, Mammoth Cave , in Kentucky. My daughter got to ride her horse at Grandads house. My father-in-law's uncle use to own Cathedral Caverns. He told us stories of how he use to go play in it with his cousins and brothers. I enjoyed seeing my family too. We always get together and have a big meal after church. I went to the stove and had a dejavue moment. Every thing looked just as it did when I was young. I stirred the gravy , some. That is one thing I knew how to do when I got married, make gravy, from helping my Mom.

After AL.. we went to SeaWorld in Orlando. That was fun. We saw Shamu show and the dolphin show and a couple of other shows. There was only 2 or 3 rides there. We all went on the Journey to Atlantis ride. My daughter didn't like it but my son went a second time with his Dad. We tried to pet the dolphins and did pet the stingrays. We saw polar bears, manatees, baluga whales, mock orcas, real Orcas, dolphins, stingrays, turtles, fish, sharks, clydsdale horses, sea lions, flamingos, penguins, oysters with pearls and lots of people speaking many languages.
I made a reservation on line with a hotel, all went well with the reservation but the hotel wasn't the newest or in the best of neighborhoods. There was a police car parked in the parking lot. Needless to say we didn't use the pool. We did decide to splurge a few more dollars next time. You do get what you pay for... though there wasn't really a problem with the room itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home